DO YOU want to save money on your bills and reduce your carbon footprint without spending a penny?
We previously asked residents in 2021 to complete a survey to help us understand more about our community's carbon footprint and how we can reduce it.
The survey was at:
and closed on 21 November 21
We are now asking residents who took part to complete a follow up survey to see if they made any changes to their behaviours since the last survey.
The survey can be found at:
The survey will stay open until 28 February.
The answers to the two surveys will then be compared to estimate the impact the project has had.
- Switch all appliances off at the plug
- Use a washing up bowl instead of washing under a running tap
- Turn your thermostat down by one degree
- Turn off lights when not in the room
- Line-dry your clothes in the summer rather than use a tumbledryer
- Only fill a kettle with the water you need
Doing all of these things could save you £140* per year on your energy and water bills!
* Savings based on the average household and households who are on a water meter.
Did you know?
The average household carbon footprint in Kesgrave is 15.8 tonnes CO2e per year. You could save approximately 1 tonne CO2e per year just by incorporating energy saving behaviours into your daily routine. That's the equivalent to driving 4,500 miles in the average petrol car.
We have developed a series of advice guides to help you use less energy and are available online by visiting:
The guides cover no-low cost measures as well as higher cost measures like solar panels and heat pumps so no matter what your circumstances are, there is something you can do.
Our Community Energy Adviser