Recycling / Waste Disposal
The rules for what you can and cannot put in bins, recycling points and centres is varying all the time.
The following broad options are listed below.
You could also consider beconing a plastic action champion or volunteering.
Refuse Collections - Blue/Grey Bin (collected fortnightly)
- A blue lidded bin for recyclable material
- A grey lidded bin for non-recyclable material
- Refuse Collections
- What can/cannot go in my recycling bin
- What can/cannot go in my general rubbish bin
Garden and Food Waste Collection - Brown Bins (collected fortnightly)
- A brown/green bin (paid for service)
For bottles, textiles and shoes.
Further details here.
For virtually everything.
The following are useful reference sources
- What to do with - A-Z list of items and where to dispose of them - recyclenow.com/what-to-do-with
- East Suffolk District Council - Waste collection and disposal
- East Suffolk District Council - Litter, Fly Tipping, Abandoned Vehicles, Partnerships
- Suffolk County Council - Waste and recycling
- Suffolk Recycling
- Suffolk Coastal Norse
- To check whether a company is a licensed waste carrier, go to environment.data.gov.uk/public-register/view/search-waste-carriers-brokers
Last update on Sunday 15 Aug 2021 by Alan Comber.