Power Outage Priority Service - Vulnerable Customers
Power cuts don’t happen very often but if the electricity network is damaged or develops a fault, your local power providers job is to get your power back on as quickly and as safely as possible. Our local power provider is UK Power Networks.
If you register via the Priority Services Register, it will ensure you will receive extra support if you experience a power cut.
Who can receive extra support?
- If you rely on medical equipment
- If you have refrigerated medicines
- If you have a serious or chronic illness
- If you have a disability
- If you or someone you care for is living with dementia
- If you are of pensionable age
- If you have children under five in your household
- If you need extra support for a short time period (e.g. If you are recovering from medical treatment)
What help would you expect to get during a power cut?
- A priority number that you can call 24 hours a day
- A dedicated team who will contact you to keep you updated during a power cut
- We can put you in touch with an expert who can offer you advice on energy bills and energy saving tips if this is important to you
- Tailored support if needed such as home visits, hot meals, advice and keeping your friends and relatives updated
- In certain scenarios we may also offer a free hotel overnight and transport to the hotel
Vulnerable customers can sign up to the Priority Services Register via:
- 0800 169 9970
Last update on Sunday 17 Feb 2019 by Alan Comber.