The aim of Surestart Children's Centres is to improve outcomes for all children aged 0-5 years and thier families.
We are welcoming and friendly places where children and families can drop in to find support, help and information on a wide range of subjects.
Our wish as a team is to 'Help you grow safely' and ensure that in the area where you live every child has the chance to have the best start in life.
We offer a FREE programme of activities.
People who may help you from your local Health and Children's Centre are health visitors, family support practitioners and support and information officers.
- Each centre runs a different timetable of activities (many are free to join) which may include:Parenting skills
- Family support home visiting
- Understanding child development / behaviour
- Information and advice on play
- Difficulties with debt, benefits and housing
- Information about adult learning opportunities and getting back to work
- Breast feeding support.
- Information on healthy eating
- Library books to borrow and share
- Public computer
- Support for post natal depressionAccess to specialist services for children and families
- Information about local groups
- Help Finding Childcare
- Drop-in groups to meet other families in your area
Children centres operate a registration system. It just means filling out a form which they are happy to help you with.
- 22 Bell Lane, Kesgrave IP5 1JQ
- Mon-Fri 09:00-16.30
- Sat-Sun Closed
- (01473) 265833
Last update on Monday 16 Aug 2021 by Alan Comber.