When a person is identified as missing, and it is an emergency, always dial 999.
For all non-emergency cases, contact us on 101.
What they will need from you
When you call 999 or 101 to report someone as a missing person they will:
- ask you for details of the missing person
- assess whether the person is at low, medium or high risk (see below)
- begin enquiries straight away where a person is considered at high or medium risk
- ask for your consent to use publicity
- keep you informed of the progress of the enquiry
- speak to the missing person when found to try to reduce the chances of them going missing again
Last update on Thursday 16 Aug 2018 by Alan Comber.