Animals and Lost Dogs

Animal Abuse

Emergency help - If you need to report an act of cruelty, abuse, neglect or concern about the welfare of an animal you can report any incident to the RSPCA by:


Cat - I've lost my Cat

  • Search first. Check small spaces in your home – everywhere from
    cosy cupboards to garden sheds, garages and outbuildings
  • Ask your neighbours.  They’ll need to check their property, sheds and garages too
  • Is your cat microchipped? Talk to Petlog on 0844 4633 999 to register your cat missing
  • Speak to your local Cats Protection branch or centre. To find one in your area, visit and enter your postcode
  • Get in touch with animal shelters in your area. Visit to find those local to you
  • Contact all local vet practices in the area
  • Make and put up flyers with your cat’s photo and description to place around the local area
  • Post a description on your Facebook page, as well as any local  community Facebook groups 


Cat - I've found a Cat

Before you do anything, it is important to assess whether the cat you've found is a stray, a feral or an owned cat. If they appear well-groomed and is a healthy weight, they may have an owner nearby. Ferals behave like wild animals and won't come close, even with encouragement. Stray cats might look lost and disorientated, but may be friendly if given time. 

Tips on how to identify the cat you have found and what to do can be found <here>.


Lost Dogs

You must report lost dogs, dog fouling, noisy dogs and stray dogs to Suffolk Caostal District Council - Environmental Protection. Further details can be found on their website at 01394 383789 or


Last update on Sunday 26 Aug 2018 by Alan Comber.

Go back