Kesgrave Library - Oct
Congratulations to all our young readers who completed this year’s Wild World Heroes Summer Reading Challenge. This year we had nearly 300 children sign up which is a fantastic number. The staff would like to thank the eighteen volunteers who gave up their time over the summer to help with the running of the challenge.
Following the relaxation of Covid-19 restrictions on July 19, the library no longer has a limit on the number of customers who are allowed in at any one time. However, if we are especially busy at any time, we may ask customers to wait before entering for their safety and to avoid overcrowding. Masks are no longer mandatory but staff do request, if possible, that you wear one unless exempt.
Covid-19 Self-Test (Rapid Antigen Tests)
Did you know that your local library is a collection point for these tests?
Please just pop along and ask staff for however many boxes you or your family require.
Sunday crafts are gradually being reintroduced.
We have been issuing craft bags to customers throughout September and from Sunday 12th October, customers can ring and book their children into our weekly craft sessions. In October we are making:
- Sunday 3rd – Autumn is here, and the hedgehogs are beginning to hibernate. Why not collect a craft bag and make your own hedgehog to decorate your room?
- Sunday 10th – Create an autumn owl picture. Don’t forget, from this Sunday, you can phone up and book your place at the crafts sessions?
- Sunday 17th – Make a scarecrow from a paper plate. What colour hat will yours have?
- Sunday 24th – Design a sea turtle to celebrate Beach Bonkers being at the library today.
- Sunday 31st – We are making a Halloween inspired noughts and crosses game in today’s craft session.
Activities are free. Parents must stay with under eights.
Word Play Sessions
These sessions are being held at the Kesgrave Community Centre on a Wednesday, with Tot Rock at 9.45 – 10.15 a.m. and Baby Bounce at 10.45 – 11.15a.m.
With the relaxation of covid restrictions, these sessions are no longer bookable, but some guidelines do still apply. If you would like to attend, please pop along to the community centre.
Story Time will continue every Friday outside in the library garden, weather permitting, for as long as possible 9.45 – 10.15 a.m. Booking is no longer necessary – please pop along – we look forward to seeing you.
Sunday 24th October 10.00 – 12.00 noon at the library – free activity. Have you ever held a woolly mammoth’s tooth? Can you find the treasures hidden in the shingle beach? Plus, a plastic-free sea creature themed craft! Pop along – we look forward to seeing you.
We are currently planning an event for half-term. More details to follow. Please look out for posters and social media posts.
This is beginning again on Tuesday 12th October. Please ring to book a place – numbers are currently limited I’m afraid.
The library’s book clubs are returning this month. If you are interested in returning or joining, please do give us a ring. We currently have an afternoon and evening club. We hope to see you soon.
Facebook and Instagram
To keep up to date with all that is going on at the library, please like and follow our Facebook page (Kesgrave Library) and our Instagram Account (@kesgravelibrary).
- Monday - 9.00 – 12.00 noon
- Tuesday - 9.00 – 12.00 noon / 2.30 – 5.00 p.m.
- Wednesday - 2.30 – 6.00 p.m.
- Thursday - 2.30 – 8.00 p.m.
- Friday - 9.00 – 12.00 noon / 2.30 – 6.00 p.m.
- Saturday - 10.00 – 5.00 p.m.
- Sunday - 10.00 – 3.00 p.m.