Kesgrave Library - August
Summer Reading Challenge Crafts
These are running during all the challenge sessions as per the times later in this article.
- Sunday 7th – Saturday 13th: We are using old CDs, to make fish with 3D fins.
- Sunday 14th – Saturday 20th: This week we are making secret coders. What message will you send?
- Sunday 21st – Saturday 27th: Which vehicle will you choose for our moveable world of vehicles?
- Sunday 28th – Saturday 3rd September: – Why not pop along and design a windmill this week.
Activities are free. Parents must stay with under eights.
Word Play Sessions
These free sessions are run by trained staff every Thursday morning and are running all throughout the summer holidays.
- Tot Rock – 9.45 – 10.15 a.m. – active songs and rhymes for pre-school children.
- Baby Bounce – 10.45 – 11.45 a.m. – Gentle songs for you and your baby to enjoy.
No need to book. Please just pop along. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Afternoon Book Club
There is no afternoon book group this month due to the reading challenge. They are currently reading The Child by Fiona Barton and Here We Are by Graham Swift.
Evening Book Group
Thursday 25th August 7.00 – 8.00 p.m. The group are currently reading The Dying Day by Vaseem Khan.
If you are interested in joining, please contact staff. The library supplies copies of the titles being read.
Summer Reading Challenge
Saturday 16th July – Sunday 4th September.
There is still time to sign up for this year’s challenge ‘Gadgeteers’.
Kesgrave’s sessions are running as follows:
- Monday 9.30 – 11.30 a.m.
- Tuesday 2.30 – 5.00 p.m.
- Wednesday 2.30 – 5.30 p.m.
- Thursday 2.30 – 5.30 p.m.
- Friday 9.30 – 11.30 a.m.
- Saturday 2.30 – 4.30 p.m.
- Sunday 10.00 – 1.00 p.m.
This is a free activity and open to all ages from pre-school upwards. Children will need their own library card, which can be issued before the challenge begins. Please speak to staff. Adults will need to bring ID to act as guarantor.
To finish the challenge each child needs to read 6 books, at least one of which needs to be non-fiction. There are prizes and stickers throughout the challenge to motivate our young readers to finish, as well as competitions to enter.
We are launching the challenge with a party on Saturday 16th July at 2.30 p.m. Hope to see you there!
Please speak to staff for details.
Home Library Service
If you would like to access the library but are unable to visit us, Kesgrave runs four home library routes where volunteers come out with a selection of books to your homes. To access this service please ring the library or log on the Suffolk Libraries website and complete the online form.
Knit and Natter
Every second and fourth Thursday 2.30 – 4.30 p.m. These sessions are restarting following a long break due to Covid. Why not pop along and meet some new people? Don’t’ knit – just pop along for a natter. Tea/coffee and biscuits are provided. Donations towards the cost would be welcomed.
PC Hannah Canning will be at Kesgrave Library on Friday 19th August 9.30 – 11.30 a.m.
PC Canning is available for you to talk through anything that is concerning you or you may wish to bring along bikes, so they can be postcode marked for safety.
Bank Holiday – Monday 29th August – the library will be closed on this date.
Cancer Support Group 10.30 – 11.30 a.m.
We are restarting this on the third Monday morning each month in the library from September. Our volunteer who helps run these sessions, is available to help on any aspect that may be worrying you, whether you are currently suffering from cancer or a carer in need of advice.
- Monday - 9.00 – 12.00 noon
- Tuesday - 9.00 – 12.00 noon / 2.30 – 5.00 p.m.
- Wednesday - 2.30 – 6.00 p.m.
- Thursday - 2.30 – 8.00 p.m.
- Friday - 9.00 – 12.00 noon / 2.30 – 6.00 p.m.
- Saturday - 10.00 – 5.00 p.m.
- Sunday - 10.00 – 3.00 p.m.
Once again, the staff would like to thank you for all your continued support.