Bus Route 65 - Ipswich Old Cattle Market Bus Station – Kesgrave (Main Road) – Martlesham Tesco - Woodbridge – Melton – some services to Rendlesham
Operated by First Eastern Counties, branded as Ipswich Reds.
- 0345 646 0707. Lines are open from 8am to 6pm Mon-Fri or you can fill out a contact form.
- Timetable and Map - www.firstbus.co.uk/norfolk-suffolk/routes-and-maps/route-maps
Buses run Mondays to Sundays (except public holidays).
- Between Ipswich Old Cattle Market Bus Station – Woodbridge Road - Kesgrave (Main Road) - Martlesham Tesco – Martlesham Red Lion - Woodbridge Old Barrack Road & Warren Hill – Turban Centre – Melton Pytches Road & Bredfield Road – Melton Chapel – some services connect with Rendlesham
There is also one single journey leaving Aldeburgh at 0620 (Mon – Fri) that operates that route via Snape. Snape is not, however, shown in the timetable as, although all bus stops are served, there is no return journey in the afternoon for people to use. This journey is routed this way for purely operational purposes (i.e. the need to get a bus in from Rendlesham early in the morning for commuters/students) who are not served by the two 64 journeys that sit either side of it. This is why there is a dotted line on the bus map provided by First showing a route via Snape.
For other Snape journeys it may be possible to advance book a community transport journey with Connecting Communities:
- 01728 635938
- Booking hours: Mon-Fri - 8.45am - 4.00pm
- Service hours: Mon-Sat - 7.00am - 7.00pm
Sunday & Bank Holiday Service
The 65 Bus also runs on Sundays and Bank Holidays daytime only with five services in each direction per day.
All services are wheelchair and buggy-accessible.
For a map showing the 63 services in Kesgrave including bus stops click here:
Last update on Tuesday 23 Nov 2021 by Alan Comber.