Police Connect - Cycle Security
With more and more people taking advantage of the good weather and the priority being given to cyclists at the moment, now is the perfect time to review the security of your bicycle. Full details on reducing the risk of cycle theft can be found by following this link Cycle Security http://www.suffolk.police.uk/sites/suffolk/files/cyclesecurity1.pdf
However, there are a few key points it is worth highlighting:
- Always lock your cycle whenever you leave it, even if it is only for a few moments.
- Use a quality cycle lock approved to Sold Secure Gold www.soldsecure.com
- Use two types of Sold Secure locks – a D lock and a chain with a padlock for example.
- Always lock your cycle to a solid, immovable object, preferably at purpose built cycle parking.
- Never leave your cycle insecure at home. As well as using the lock and chain, lock it inside a shed, garage or purpose built cycle store. Lock the gate into the garden too if you can.
- Register your cycle at www.immobilise.com Keep a note of the frame number, make and model.
Thieves will cut locks in broad daylight. Be aware of and immediately report any suspicious behaviour.
Help us keep our communities safe.
Police advice on a variety of subjects can be accessed via https://www.suffolk.police.uk/advice
To report something, or to otherwise contact Police, use the link http://www.suffolk.police.uk/contact-us
To report something anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit www.crimestoppers-uk.org
Alternatively call 101 for non-urgent matters.
Always call 999 in emergencies, or if an immediate police response is required.
Police Connect Team