Nuisance caused by Noise - Out of hours noise problem reporting May - Sep
Noise is a fact of everyday life; however, we are all entitled to expect that the activities of others do not interfere unreasonably with our private lives. This includes freedom from the intrusion of other people's noise.
Noise complaints can arise from various sources:
- Household noise (e.g. loud music or barking dogs but NOT domestic arguments or verbal abuse which should be reported to the Police).
- Commercial or industrial premises (pubs, clubs, factories).
- Noisy equipment (alarms, ventilation fans, refrigeration units, audible bird scarers).
- Outdoor events.
- Vehicles (car alarms, ice cream chimes).
- Construction work (from DIY to major projects).
The following link provides more details - www.eastsuffolk.gov.uk/environment/environmental-protection/nuisance-caused-by-noise-smoke-and-rubbish/
To report Issues contact:
Environmental protection East Suffolk Council
0333 016 2000
Out of hours noise problem reporting
During the summer season an out of hours service is available which enables you to report a problem to the officers on duty so they can attend if possible and witness it. This service is available at weekends only from the beginning of May to the end of September on Friday and Saturday nights between 19:00 and 01:00.
0800 440 2516