Kesgrave Library Re-opening - Tue 7 July (Partially)
We are very pleased to announce that Kesgrave Library will be reopening on Tuesday 7th July.
Suffolk Libraries has been following government advice and carefully planning the reopening of library branches. As I’m sure everyone will understand, the wellbeing and safety of our customers and staff is our priority, so our services will look a little different initially:
- Our opening hours will be different until further notice. You can see full details on:-https://www.suffolklibraries.co.uk/libraries/kesgrave-library/
- The government have advised against allowing browsing of books and other items. So, we’ll be implementing a new select and collect service. You can contact us in advance to request items which you can then pick up from the library. We’ll have more details on this nearer the time.
- Access to computers, printing and photocopying will be unavailable during July.Reservations will also be unavailable during July.
- Customers can only borrow 10 items at a time, but you keep them for an extended period of up to 4 weeks.
- Borrowing DVDs and CDs will be free until further notice!
- Overdue charges will remain suspended throughout July and August.
- Return dates for loans taken out prior to lock down will be extended to 31 August.
- All returned items are to be put through our drop box.
We will constantly review the situation over the coming months and reintroduce services and activities when it’s safe to do so.
If you are being shielded or self-isolating, we would naturally ask that you stay away from the library for now. We’d also recommend that customers wear a face covering when visiting if possible and will be asking our staff to do the same. As we need to stick to social distancing guidelines, it would also help if you could come on your own or just bring one child with you, if possible.
For up to date information visit www.suffolklibraries.co.uk/coronavirus/
Please let me know if I can be of any more help.
We will be offering the chance for customers to book an appointment in the first week and I will let you know the dates that staff will be on site, once this is confirmed.
Maggie Lusher | Executive Library Manager
Kinsey House, Kays Close,
Kesgrave IP5 2HL
Tel No: 01473 626103