Kesgrave Library - Nov
It has been lovely to welcome so many of you back to the library over the last couple of months. We have really missed you.
We are extending our opening hours to include Monday mornings again, from Monday 2nd November. Please see our revised opening hours at the end of this article.
The following guidelines are still in place: -
Only 3 customers are allowed in the library at any one time. Queuing may be experienced at times of heavy demand.
- All returned items are to be placed through our letterbox, to enable us to quarantine them for 72 hours.
- Browsing is limited to approximately 15 minutes.
- There is a one-way system in place.
- Customers are required to anti-bac their hands before they begin browsing.
- It is mandatory for customers to wear a facemask that covers both their nose and mouth, unless they have an exemption.
- It is now mandatory for customers to complete a Track & Trace form or scan the QR code with their phones during their visits to us. Any completed forms are kept securely and destroyed after 21 days, if no-one contacts us to say they have tested positive for COVID-19.
Select & Collect – during the last two months, the library has been running a Select & Collect service. This allows customers to phone up and ask staff to put together a selection of up to 10 books for them to collect at an arranged time. This is open to any age group and has proved very popular. We are continuing this service for customers who wish to use the library but are not ready to come in and browse.
If you would like to have a selection of books put together, please ring on 01473 626103 during our opening times.
Computer usage – the library has one bookable computer available. If you would like to use this, please either ring (01473 626103) or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Sessions are limited to 30 -minutes but can be extended to 50 minutes for the completion of online forms or job applications.
Printing, scanning and photocopying – these services are now all available. We ask customers to use contactless payment where possible. If this is not possible, please bring the correct money.
Scout Christmas Post Box - Unfortunately due to the Covid situation and the restrictions required, the Scouts have decided this year's operation of the Ipswich Scout Christmas Post has been cancelled.
Christmas Cards – this year we will have Christmas cards available from Cards for Good Causes, Suffolk Wildlife, The Somersham Ward from Ipswich Hospital and some for Suffolk Libraries. These arrive on Tuesday 3rd November.
Cards for Good Causes can be paid for by debit/credit card this year. All others will be cash only. We also sell stamps as well.
We look forward to seeing you all very soon. Thank you for all your support.
Library Opening Times
Mon: 10.00 - 1 p.m.
Tue: 10.00 – 1.00 p.m. & 2.00 – 5.00 p.m.
Wed: 2.00 – 5.00 p.m.
Thu: 2.00 – 5.00 p.m.
Fri: 10.00 – 1.00 p.m. & 2.00 – 5.00 p.m.
Sat: 10.00 – 1.00 p.m.
Kesgrave Library Manager
Tel: 01473 626103